Ten years after the UK Government launched its Canning Agenda, announcing its intention to re-engage with Latin America, our Canning Agenda 10 Years On conference seeks to review progress and establish how successful it has been, and identify what needs to be done to accelerate the progress of a revitalised relationship between Latin America and the UK.
The Canning Agenda
10 Years On Conference
In 2010 the British government launched the Canning Agenda, announcing its intention to re-engage with Latin America.
Ten years on, this event seeks to review progress and establish how successful the agenda has been to date, and identify what needs to be done to accelerate the progress of a revitalised relationship between Latin America and the UK.
In April, Canning House published its Canning Agenda 10 Years On report, providing an in-depth look at the progress and future of the Canning Agenda, across business and trade, tourism and collaboration, and our regions' changing relationship post-Brexit. This conference builds upon that report with invaluable insights from leading figures and experts on UK-Latin American relations.
Reviewing the agenda
- What progress has been made to date?
- What have been the main challenges?
- How does the UK's progress compare with other nations'?
- What is the view from Latin America?
- Is the agenda still relevant?
The future of the Canning Agenda
- How will Brexit and Covid-19 affect the Canning Agenda's future?
- Does it need to be reframed?
- Where should the government and business community focus their efforts?
- Will the FCO-DFID merger change the UK's approach?
- What can be done to further encourage sustainable development?
Speaker announcements will follow shortly...
Please contact us with any queries regarding event details.
(Please indicate in your message which event you are enquiring about.)