The UK-Brazil Conversa is a dialogue between policy makers and influencers, business leaders, academics, diplomats and governments, to help build closer relations and contacts between Brazil and the UK.
UK-Brazil Conversa 2021
Founded in 2014 by former UK Ambassador to Brazil, Alan Charlton CMG CVO, the Conversa is an annual forum for influential people from a variety of backgrounds – business, government, diplomacy, academia, think-tanks – to discuss key issues relating to UK-Brazilian relations.
Conversa was established to help explore how to make more of the contacts and links between the two countries, and to encourage free-flowing and open conversations.
- Collaboration between Brazil and the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond
- How can the UK and Brazil improve relations in bilateral trade and business?
- Who should decide in our countries? The executive, legislature, or judiciary?
- Bilateral approaches to tackling inequality in the UK and Brazil
- Collaborative solutions to the clean energy transition in the UK and Brazil: COP26 and beyond
- How can Brazil and the UK build back better and what are the key areas for cooperation?
The Hon. Ranil Jayawardena MP
UK Minister for International Trade
The Hon. Wendy Morton MP
UK Minister for European Neighbourhood and the Americas
Minister João Rossi
Junior Minister for International Trade, Brazilian Government
Dr. Clare Wenham
Assistant Professor, LSE Latin America and Caribbean Centre (LACC)
Dr. Nelson Teich
Former Minister of Health, Brazil
HM Trade Commissioner, Latin America and the Caribbean
Senior Fellow at the European Center for International Political Economy
Marco Aurelio Ruediger
Director of Public Policy Analysis, Fundação Getúlio Vargas
Ana Paula Vitelli
President, British Chamber of Commerce in Brazil
Dr. Amir Lebdioui
Canning House Research Fellow, LSE LACC
Dr. Malu Gatto
Assistant Professor of Latin American Politics, UCL
Professor Anthony Pereira
Professor of Brazilian Studies, KCL
H.E. Vijay Rangarajan
Director General, Americas & Overseas Territories, FCDO
Minister Christian Vargas
Chief International Advisor, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazilian Government
Deputy Head of Mission, Brasilia, FCDO
Deputy Head, Brazilian Embassy, London
More speakers to be announced soon...
Please contact us with any questions about this event.