In collaboration with Regent’s University London, Canning House runs ten week Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish language courses. Courses run three times per year, and class sizes are typically between 6 – 15 students.
Summer term language courses:
£200 per term
- Spanish Level 1 (Currently Closed)
- Spanish Level 2 (Currently Closed)
£200 per term
- Brazilian Portuguese Level 1 (Currently Closed)
- Brazilian Portuguese Level 5 (Currently Closed)
Registration for the summer term is now closed.
One of the jewels of Latin American Studies in the United Kingdom
This year Canning House and King’s College London launched a new Visiting Fellowship. The Visiting Fellowship will be based at King’s Maughan Library, drawing on the extensive Canning House Library Collection housed there. The first research project, focusing on the Impact of Habitat on the Urban Poor in Latin America, is underway.
Applications are currently closed.
In summer of 2017, Canning House established the Trade Policy Forum to help address issues relating to barriers impeding increased trade and investment between the UK and Latin America, and identify possible solutions to overcome them.
The forum convenes senior representatives from government, business leaders from the private sector, as well as senior individuals from civil society groups and NGOs, on a case by case basis. Meetings are held in private to encourage free and open discussion, and a summary of the key points discussed and recommendations made is circulated to those who attended. An executive summary is also made available for public access.
- The Canning Conference 2017: Doing Business in Latin America – Does Brexit Matter?
- Brazil Trade & Investment Policy Roundtable Meeting
- Trading With Brazil – Automotive Industry Policy Roundtable Meeting
- Doing Business With Brazil – Life Sciences Policy Roundtable Meeting
- House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee: Key Industries and Opportunities for Trade with South America
- House of Lords International Relations Committee: Inquiry into the Pacific Alliance
- Brazil Trade & Investment Policy Roundtable Meeting Report
- Summary of the DIT/Canning House Brazil Automotive Roundtable
- Summary of the DIT/Canning House Brazil Life Sciences Roundtable
- Evidence submitted to the Foreign Affairs Select Committee on Key Industries and Opportunities for Trade with South America