A fantastic complement to the national curriculum, the Canning House Essay Competition is targeted at students of Spanish and Portuguese aged 17-19 (by 31st August 2014) and challenges them to apply their knowledge of language and structures to produce a sophisticated piece of persuasive writing.
Each year we challenge language students from all over the UK to submit an essay of 750-1000 words which best displays their linguistic flair and capacity for free expression in their second language(s). The topic for discussion changes from year to year.
An exciting range of prizes reward the best impressive entries, with previous winners having enjoyed cash prizes and even a fully paid for return trip to Latin America.
We are pleased to announce this year's competition.
To enter folllow these simple steps:
1. Complete your essay.
2. Complete a cover sheet (to be signed by student and teacher) and attach it to your essay.
3. Make sure you have read the rules and guidance sheet
- Open to all students in the United Kingdom aged between 17 and 19 (by 31 August 2014). The Portuguese competition also open to also open to all first and second year undergraduates ab-initio students of Portuguese of any age.
- Deadline for submissions is 24th February 2014.
- Prizes this year include return flights to Latin America (subject to terms and conditions) and cash prizes.
- All submissions must include a completed cover sheet. By signing and submitting the coversheet you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the rules and guidance sheet.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.